Following a treatment, it is highly advisable to allow your body to respond to the effects of a massage in order to achieve the best
I recommend that you : -
- Drink plenty of water before and after a treatment. This ensure that your body is hydrated and body work can be more effective. Post
treatment, this will help the lynph and circulatory system to remove waste products from your body and keep you hydrated.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid sunbeds and
artificial UV lights.
- Do not have a hot bath following a massage.
- Avoid exercise for 12
Sometimes people may experience the following effects after a massage. These are sometimes referred to as a 'healing crisis', as your
- Some redness/soreness on some muscles, especially where deep work was carried out. This should ease after a
- Headaches. It is important to make sure you keep hydrated during this
- Flu/cold like
symptoms. These again will pass and are your body's reaction to the flushing out of toxins/metabolic waste.
- A sense of elation/hyperactivity - this is your body’s reaction to nerve senses being activated by the
- Increased urination. Again, this will be due to toxins/metabolic waste being flushed out, and
the increase in your intake of water.
If you are concerned about any of these effects after your massage, please do not hesitate to contact me.