Following a treatment, it is highly advisable to allow your body to respond to the effects of a massage in order to achieve the
I recommend to clients that they : -
- Drink plenty of water before and after a treatment. This ensure that your body is hydrated and body work can be more
effective. Post treatment, this will help toxins to be flushed out of your body and keep you hydrated.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid sunbeds and artificial UV
- Do not have a hot bath following a massage.
- Avoid exercise for 12 hours.
Sometimes people may experience the following effects after a massage. These are not serious and are responses to the body
flushing out toxins/healing. Also sometimes referred to as a 'healing crisis', as your body readjusts.
- Some redness/soreness on some muscles, especially where nodule work was carried out. This should ease after a
- Headaches. This is from the movement of toxins and it is important to make sure you keep hydrated during this
- Flu/cold like symptoms. These again will pass and are your body's reaction to the flushing out of
- A sense of elation/hyperactivity - this is your body’s reaction to nerve senses being activated by the
- Increased urination. Again, this will be due to toxins being flushed out, and the increase in your intake of
If you are concerned about any of these effects after your massage, please do not hesitate to contact